It is the end of August in this sunny, sunny place, and I’ve decided to begin to structure this blog in a certain way.
I am going to write weekly reviews of things that have stood out to me.
So here goes this week’s Week In Review!
- Technology is eating everything:
- Education is being disrupted by widely available and well-organized material on any topic you can think of. MOOCs are one way to learn stuff, a lot of stuff, for free. Coursera is trying some interesting new ways of monetizing, including inviting corporations to pay to use their platform for employee-training.
- Google X is going live with drones soon. Check out Project Wing.
- Google’s “Baseline Project” is going to collect data to define what makes a healthy human.
- They figured out how to repair knees using nose cartilage in humans!
- Politics is crazy:
- Hillary Clinton might run for President, but Rand Paul has more liberal stances on some issues than she does. Rand Paul has made a ton of anti-interventionist comments recently, and also pointedly been referring to Hillary as a war-hawk. This is going to be very interesting if they end up running against each other.